This project is read-only.

WebDAV

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:20 AM
Since I am new to SkyDrive (I am from Austria and SkyDrive (formerley known as "Live folders"?) is available in Europe since yesterday?) sorry for this question.

Is there WebDAV support for SkyDrive or is there a plan to implement WebDAV for SkyDrive Viewer?

Info: In Germany there exists a service called GMX (Global Message Exchange) which supports WebDAV for their GMX MediaCenter since years. They also offer 1 GB space (since years). But it will nice to have the same for my Live-Account / SkyDrive ;-)
Jul 11, 2009 at 4:19 AM

M$ can't add webdav support to skydrive unless they:

a) shrink the storage to somewhere under 9GB

b) make skydrive a paid service

or they do what ADrive did

make two types of plans, a free one without webdav support and a paid one with webdav support.

Why of this, simple, M$ have established a rule that forbids offering FOR FREE, MORE THAN 9GB of storage, WITH WEBDAV SUPPORT.

Obviuosly M$ doesn't want to break their own rules.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:40 AM

OK, there is no technical reason adding WebDAV support for SkyDrive ;-) Btw, GMX offers 5 GB now for free and already supporting WebDAV.

Since 5 GB are enough for me for online storage I think the plan of free/commercial product is a good idea.

"Obviuosly M$ doesn't want to break their own rules." ... They make their own rules ;-)))

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:59 AM

There is neither a policy- nor a technical limitation preventing microsoft from offering

FTP access to SkyDrive

FTP predates both webdav and the interweb